Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a very hard time finding the small feeder/auger sprocket it is for #35 chain 8 tooth with a 1/2 inch plain bore. I can find a 8 tooth with a 3/8 bore thinking of machining to 1/2 or gearing up to 10 tooth what do you think?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Parts for that are Gonna be tough; Best to find a Parts Machine.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Either bore it or cut down shaft to fit. I just finished upgrading 8/26 tracker replacing silly/cheap(unless you need to buy them) plastic bushings w flange ball bearings. I'll be looking to change chain size if I can't find suitable #35 sprocket if mine ever dies. I put new chain on this season and use the good lube used on my cycles.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: Bore or turn down the shaft. If it were mine, I'd look at which is easier and safer...Safer in that I'd be concerned how much "meat " would be left on the sprocket after boring it to 1/2"... furthermore an oops while boring out the sprocket has less consequence than turning down the shaft.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You just need the right equipment and expertise. I'm lucky to have on top of 60 yrs wrenching plus a degree in Industrial Arts Education. Unfortunately I don't have machine tools other than a grinder and drill press. That said a lot can be done the old way- I once resurfaced a damaged cam and rockers with a wet stone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts