Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this machine in 1987... Has performed really well, but I'm a bit pissed cuz the other day, when greasing it, I noticed that the "ball joint" that hooks onto the shift level was about to fall off..... What a piece of crap.... I've used in Northern Ontario (5 months of blowing snow/yr) for just under 30 years and the **** thing is starting to give me grief....!!

I guess I'll have to get a new ball joint.... hope they make better ones today...!!

Can you tell ..... I'm kidding guys..!!! This machine has performed above and beyond the call of duty...!!

I wish the new machines were 1/2 of what this one is....!!

Just to let you know....

It ain't for sale... It's got to go another 20 yrs.....!!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
give ya $20 for it..as is ! lol they dont make em like they used to.

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
Glad it's worked out so well for you. Don't know that model or part but if you can't find a replacement part it might be possible to use something like a heim joint as a replacement. Just a thought.

Paul

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad it's worked out so well for you. Don't know that model or part but if you can't find a replacement part it might be possible to use something like a heim joint as a replacement. Just a thought.

Paul
Yeah, Thanx, I found the ball joints for the gear shifter shaft and also discovered the axle bushings were shot... Found new ones also...pricy, but what the ****, I'm not buying a modern plastic snowblower anytime soon... !!

Bring on the snow... she's ready..!!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I love the old machines, Trying to find parts for a smaller version of that craftsman, Still in decent shape but missing a few parts. Hoping it runs but well I have no starter on it LOL

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
A little maintenance on an older machine goes way better than a lot of money for a newer lower quality unit any day in my book. I flip the new machines I never keep them for myself. Some people feel warm and fuzzy because it looks prettier - NOT ME! lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
On the bucket list is the infamous "Drift Breaker" Craftsman. May be a novelty but I love how it signifies MORE POWER ARGH ARGH ARGH.--even though it doesn't mean more power.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
how bout some pis of this machine
Holy Crap guys....!! I never got around to getting the pics of this old work horse for you....

Bad news.... I just sold the old girl and got a Yamahoooo YS624, but she is still running great....

Here's some pics... Again, sorry for forgetting....I'm old..!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts