Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 4 yr old 920404 (enginePW2HK18400178EABOQUVE1M) would not start for the 1st time ever today! I wanted to give it it's monthly exercise and it wouldn't go, pull or electric. I noticed when pushing the bulb primer that the red rubber bulb had an open crack in front, and a small amount of gas was dripping from underneath the carburetor area.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
the hose that connects from the bulb to the carb needs to be replaced. that is 1 theory. but I am sure other people here will have more on that 1.

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
Replace the rubber bulb. Without that you can't prime the engine. You could try putting a bit of gas in the carb or down the plug hole if needed. You might still have an air leak from the broken primer bulb though.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I noticed when pushing the bulb primer that the red rubber bulb had an open crack in front, and a small amount of gas was dripping from underneath the carburetor area.

it's not uncommon to have some gas drip from the carb inlet when the primer IS working.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
My 4 yr old 920404 (enginePW2HK18400178EABOQUVE1M) would not start for the 1st time ever today! I wanted to give it it's monthly exercise and it wouldn't go, pull or electric. I noticed when pushing the bulb primer that the red rubber bulb had an open crack in front, and a small amount of gas was dripping from underneath the carburetor area.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Get a new primer bulb and hose. If one is gone, the other probably could use replacement as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW! that was fast! :smiley-confused009:

Thank you guys!
I ordered
:
SKSN0304.1 PRIMER BULB ASSY WITH HOSE-SNOW

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
The crack in the face of the bulb is bad. That needs to be replaced but if you can cover it with your finger you can still prime the carb until you get a replacement.

Does the carb drip fuel all the time or only when you try to prime it ?? If ti's only dripping when you try to prime it then the primer is working as the dripping is normal when priming if you give it a pump too many.

Have you checked to make sure you have spark, fuel shut off is open, throttle isn't sitting on it's stop, key on, ...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys for your help. I got the bulb-hose assy in mail today. Replaced it and machine good as new! :)

You guys are the BEST!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts