Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Throw the cheapest engines (212cc) and sell them and buy a brand new blower

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a Craftsman 28” with a B&S 1150 snow series engine and a newer Toro power max 826 with a B&S 1150 snow series. I reached out to parts tree and they said both engine model numbers are NLA. My question is this, are all 1150 snow series engines comparable? Or should I just say screw it and go the harbor freight route and get the 301cc predator engine that puts out 14 ft lbs of torque? I know the classic 212cc engine won’t work. They only put out 8.5 ft lbs. Time is of the essence here as snow is around the corner.
FYI predator engine is $200 after coupon and the snow series engines start at $330

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
i would only vote for predators since i have seen way too many people parting out those Briggs and stratton engines. i don't know what makes them fail but it seems like it is a pretty common issue to have them fail. it is also part of why i would be less likely to replace a failed engine with another engine that could possibly fail the same way.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I have a Ariens ST11526 with a few engine issues so picked up a LTC 414cc for pretty cheap, Ending up buying a new house and moving so the project got put on hold but the LCT engines are pretty cheap here Snow Blower Engines

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Ariens ST11526 with a few engine issues so picked up a LTC 414cc for pretty cheap, Ending up buying a new house and moving so the project got put on hold but the LCT engines are pretty cheap here Snow Blower Engines
By the time I pay for shipping too, Harbor freight is cheaper and you get a bigger engine. I need 2 engines and it’s $150 just for shipping. Thank you though. I might reach out to them and see if they can work with me on the shipping charges if I pay by check instead of credit card.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
could always try shopping for a used engine or a parts machine with a running engine. i bought a complete tractor that was suppose to be upgrade parts for my machine but now i am just going to run it as is bolted to my bucket.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
could always try shopping for a used engine or a parts machine with a running engine. i bought a complete tractor that was suppose to be upgrade parts for my machine but now i am just going to run it as is bolted to my bucket.
I’m done with used equipment. The Toro snowblower I bought used and got exactly 4 snows out of that engine. No more used equipment here. $600 for maybe 15 drives. I’ve lost money after you consider fuel and replacement parts already.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Predators do way better than advertised figures..
This is the baby 212 cc for instance 14 ft pounds of torque and about nine horse.. the jets were richened up of course.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Predators do way better than advertised figures..
This is the baby 212 cc for instance 14 ft pounds of torque and about nine horse.. the jets were richened up of course.

Do you have a link for parts needed? What size jets do I need?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Do you have a link for parts needed? What size jets do I need?
Image says to start out at 85 or 90 for the main and 20 for the pilot.
I would aim a touch richer due to the fact we operate in cold weather.
People by the jets from eBay and Amazon..some buy kits that have several jets included as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts