Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've found a 2006 YSR 70F for sale. Price seems interesting for such a machine : 650€.
The blower looks clean but I'm worried about the brand. Can I find parts easily ? Is it built to endure like Hondas or other brands ?

I've found a 2011 Husqvarna St61e in a very clean state for a couple hundred euros more... But the wheels and my 20degrees Access road is worrying me too...

Thx for any tips/insight.

Here's the blower :

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Tread Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Tire

Motor vehicle Wood Orange Tool Bumper

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks you for your advice.
I went to see it this morning. Clean machine, slept inside since day1. Everything looking at first glance good but for the missing battery.

Engine starts at third launch. At low/medium speed the engine seems having a bad carburation setting, doing a particular sound.

I decided to buy it anyway, negociating 50€ discount in the process. So total 600€ for this one.

I climbed it to my house's deck and it went up both street and stairs like a charm.

Now I'll go for a welcome service :

• oil and filter change
  • air filter cleaning
  • gazoline change
  • transmission oil check or change

I'll post a video from the engine sound, if anyone has tips to help it, that might help...
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Road surface Wood Asphalt Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
262 Posts
Does the sound go away if it is fully warmed up, or if you give it a little choke?

I may be missing something But it sounds like it’s just doing a little low speed surge. Which is common, at least on our USA calibrated machines, not normally harmful. It may need a carburetor cleaning or adjustment (if even possible, most modern machines cannot be adjusted). In other words, it may have acted like that when it was brand new.

It does seem like the cage around the muffler might be loose and rattling.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, that is a very nice machine for 600€!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I missed the video earlier, but yes in my opinion, the carb needs to be cleaned.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
That thing wasn't trying to eat the dog while it was sitting in front of it I hope??

The engine sounds fine for an older gas engine. The carburator needs cleaning though.
Does it have an in tank screen in the base of the tank like the Honda engines?????
If so it needs some work:

(1) empty the the old fuel with a good siphon and if it looks like crap/rust/dirt put it in a big metal can to let it evaporate somewhere safe or if you have a waste oil can dump the fuel in there

(2) remove the tank and the plastic screen and then pour in some rubbing alcohol to dissolve any dirt/gum/varnish in the tank shaking it around a few times each time to break the deposits in it loose

(3) remove the drain plug from the base of the carburator bowl to empty the old gas from the float bowl.
a. reinstall the float bowl drain plug.
b. spray some SeaFoam engine fogger in the carburator inlet and let it sit for a few days

(4) new high octane gas and a splash of SeaFoam gasoline fuel treatment to start the season
a. New crank case oil per Yanmar recommendations which I believe is 10W-30; if you have a warm place to let the snow mule rest 30 weight detergent dinosaur oil should be no problem.
Me I use my kerosene fired space heater to warm up my truck and snow blower engines as well as the tractor so they barely bark when they start and they purr nicely at idle.

(5) if you can buy Fluid Film Locally in an aerosol can use it on the chute and spout and impeller housing to to double your casting distance. If you have a warm place to work you can use a paint mitt and fluid film in a gallon can to coat everything that contacts snow with 3 coats of Fluid Film letting it dry between coats.

P.S. Do not let it out of your sight anywhere near the dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for your helpful and encouraging comments.
I'm happy to learn from you guys I might have made a good buy.

Does the sound go away if it is fully warmed up, or if you give it a little choke?
A little choke does stop the issue Indeed when it's cold. I can't tell for the full warmup since I didn't run it much yet.

Thanks everyone for the advices, it's much appreciated. I'll order parts this week and work on it next weekend 👍

I'm glad I've found this place !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking for docs I've found this page if it can help :

AGRIA Aefligen. Yanmar Ersatzteile

A lot of exploded views and parts refs for Yanmar equipements.
Still haven't found anything about the GA180 engine. I'd like some carb gaskets just in case I need to change them...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thank you all for your helpful and encouraging comments.
I'm happy to learn from you guys I might have made a good buy.

A little choke does stop the issue Indeed when it's cold. I can't tell for the full warmup since I didn't run it much yet.

Thanks everyone for the advices, it's much appreciated. I'll order parts this week and work on it next weekend 👍

I'm glad I've found this place !
It is indeed a little lean, just be aware it may be “repairable” with a thorough carburetor cleaning and adjustment (if possible) but it also just might be the way it is. In that case it could be corrected, but it may take “aftermarket” jetting or a complete carburetor to do so.

In my humble opinion, if a cleaning and adjustment doesn’t resolve the surging, I’d just let it be.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Welcome to SBF. Podrob. Is this the same manual? Figure - 7 shows the carb part numbers.
untitled (agria.ch)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi guys,

The blower is in service for two weeks now. Doing a great job, no issue at all until today.

Today's snow is very wet and it tends to jam the output of the turbine.
Anything you'd recommand to avoid this ?

Leonz was talking about Fluidfilm coating up there. When I Google that, I find some antirust protection ? Would that help ?

Thanks !!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Hello Podrob,

Fluid Film works very well based on my 6+ years experience with it as it is easy to apply by using the red spray tube and reapply when needed.

No worries as long as the drive belts are good and you have Fluid Film and fresh premium fuel and gas treatment like SeaFoam or Stabil you will survive the winter.

With your new to you snow mule I would order a set of snow blower skids for it from the folks at armor skids.
www.snowblowerskids.com

It would cost you a little more for shipping across the pond but they are worth every penny to prevent your snow mule from eating gravel and sod while clearing snow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks a lot guys for your advices.

I will give Fluid Film a try and also consider buying those skids, the road I'm cleaning is very uneven, I frequently get stuck on some edges or holes. I'm always concerned about doing damages to the machine when doing so...

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
If you have not done it already loosen up the skids on the yanmar and lower them all the way down and then tighten the bolts and it will be a big help to you.

The armor skids are long and have a narrow edge for asphalt and concrete and a wide edge for gravel and sod and they will be a big help for you.

Are the two french rug rats in your photos of the village your children?? I was recently blessed with my fourth great nephew a couple of days ago.

Yanmar Ronin is right about the Iseki tracked cart you have, its very nice. If its heavy enough you could probably tie a big heavy plastic wash tub like the ones used in restaurants and large commercial kitchens and let it pull you around while you are traveling with the tracked Iseki mule.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts