Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my 2008 Storm 2410. May not win beauty contests but does get the job done. What you see now is the stock 179cc Powermore engine. Will be doing the Predator 212cc engine upgrade shortly.

Its a bit banged up and some rust, but it still gets the job done. Hopefully I'll get to use Big Red

·
Registered
121 Posts
Those are some huge skids! My Father just got a 2410. It's probably a 2012 model, only used once or twice. The original skids do look pretty weak.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are the Armor skids. I got tired of the front of the machine constantly banging into the raised sidewalk slabs and denting the auger housing. We'll see how the new skids hold up this winter. That unit is 6 years old. Just put on a new drive and auger belt. Making sure this beast is ready for winter

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just picked up a used Ariens 926. The weight difference between the 2410 and 926 is amazing. I was not expecting the weight of the 926, since I had already helped lift the 2410 into his van last month and it was a piece of cake.

This will be the first winter for the both of us using a two-stage. Last winter turned us off with only having single stage blowers. They help, but life was **** when the snow drifts were three times as high as the blower, every other week!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2410 comes in at 195 lbs. My neighbor and I have to load it into the back of his Yukon so I can get to his moms house and do cleanup. The machine is an animal. Makes me lots of green paper with some presidents on it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was thinking about that, since I got such a beefy machine...making some money.

But you can be cited for the city by not requesting a permit (and paying the fees!)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here in NY they don't bother. They will ticket for non cleanup. You would think that they'd want you to help your neighbors cleanup sidewalks. But I guess they want you to pay to make money

·
Registered
121 Posts
In my community, they require people driving around and picking up stuff on trash night to apply for a permit and display it in their window, otherwise you can be cited.

I'm not sure how they could prove anything. Freedom allows one to drive around with junk in their trunk in the middle of the night, if they wish.

Although I believe their "main" targets were the people with scrap piled above the cab.....probably because they think it looks "dirty" or something. But who cares, focus on the criminals, not the people recycling stuff that gets thrown out!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My 2410 has the plug for the light on the side of the engine. I've also seen the oem pieces to do the upgrade if wanted. here's a link for the parts

OEM Parts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Hi, for the blowers with lights they have a stator which produce AC voltage.
I have installed a 2160 lumens LED light powered with a 12 v battery that I put on a trickle charger afterwards. It is toggle switched when used in daylight. LED lights needs DC voltage, if your blower has a stator you could also go with how some here addressed it in the Led light thread.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The one my Dad has does not have the correct "dash" so I would install a stand-alone light....

I am not sure if they have the plug or wire already if they weren't equipped at the time of sale. That is what I need to find out. I didn't see any extra wires when I was changing the oil on it the other day.

I will check it out tomorrow when I go back over there.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you look at the first pic of my machine, you'll see a white plug clip. Thats the plug for running the light

·
Registered
121 Posts
Right, I noticed in the manual it mentioned heated grips as an option. One would assume that it would be pre-wired for an add on feature like this.

I guess not.

·
Registered
121 Posts
This one definitely does not have any extra wires for heated handles or headlight. I took the carb off today to clean it, so I spent plenty of time poking around and searching.

Funny thing, I noticed that the rear of the "dash board" has the cutout for the bulb, if it is equipped with a head light. Apparently, the models with the headlight just have a hole cut in the front of the dash board and the sticker is therefore deleted.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
From my research it appears that all new 2410s with the 179cc engine have no option for the light. Only the 2420s with the 208cc engine.

I also upgraded the skids. Did you put a bolt hole in the rear hole that accommodated the original shorter skids? I did, because the rear hole also supports the scraper bar.

It's nice that this machine already has the stamped holes for skid plates with the larger 3" bolt spacing. I also like the fact that these skids stick out further forward, and will take the beating before the auger housing does.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts