Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I was looking around on how to install heated grips for this machine and could not find anything online or in this forum. So wanted to share my install.

Part (Direct from MTD): 753-08698

The 2017 model has 2 LED lights.
The new Heated grip kit only has the option to connect to 1 headlight.

What I did was disconnect the old harness and cut off the wiring harness plug (nearest the engine), leaving the two wires exposed. Then connected these two wires to the 2 pins in the NEW harness (what this does is split the outgoing power to both LED lights). I did have to dremel out a small square in the plastic where the switch is located in the frame. Plugged everything in with the new harness and good to go!
Headlights work, and heated grips work with the on/off switch.

If people are interested I can put up some pics.

Cheers!

****(Another poster stated this, but DO NOT BUY 753-05762B, this will not work. This part # is printed incorrectly in the manual. I contacted Cub Cadet and they confirmed.)

·
Registered
51 Posts
That is the same harness as last year. I had checked the part number for my 2016 model with one light. Guess they will have to update their harness in the future for the newer models. Are they any good? I am not sure about spending nearly $100 for the harness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say it's good, but I agree with you, $90 shipped is a little spendy. Especially considering I have to retrofit a brand new machine and new harness. But hey, it works and did not feel like waiting a few years for a new harness. My hands get real cold being out for a couple hours here in New Hampshire.
Comfort > Price

·
Registered
51 Posts
I might hold out awhile and see if the harness drops in price some. The older version that doesnt work can be had for around $40!

·
Retired Moderator
9,900 Posts
I think I'd just go with some wire and a few butt connectors or solder and heat shrink tubing before I'd pay ninety bucks for that little of a wiring harness. If you're ambitious you can order two conductor connectors on line. I purchased a 5 or ten pack on ebay or amazon a year or two ago and I use them when adding lights.
You can also buy them as "extensions" and just cut them in half. https://www.amazon.com/PACK-0F-Workman-Polarized-Disconnect/dp/B00NEWBGR2/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1536000367&sr=8-19&keywords=flat+2+wire+connector

Or the other style with the weather seal: https://www.ebay.com/p/5x-2pin-Car-Waterproof-Electrical-Connector-Plug-With-Wire-AWG-Marine-Black-Hot/28018291207?iid=283017745212

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts