Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't get it,have Toro got rid of Last years models and made this years Models even Cheaper???
I bought a New Toro Last year Power Max HD 1028 OHXE (38841} after discounts $1600.
Seems that everyone is selling the New 2020 Power Max HD 1030 for $1599 MSRP without the discounts.
Seems that Both have the same engine and handle warmers and the 1030 is 30 inch wide while last years model is 28 inch wide.
Just don't get it how Toro can reduce the prices unless there is a difference on the blowers???
Could not have used my 1028 last year since we only got less then 6 inchs for the whole winter last year..........JT

·
Registered
454 Posts
Be glad you have 28" instead of 30" unless you've got a lot of driveway. 2" won't make a bit of difference unless the passes need to be long

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I happen to agree with you,but my Driveway is kinda long and have to go back and forth twice(Yep 2 inchs does not matter}But it makes NO sense that toro got rid of Last years Model and came out this season with a Model that is cheaper and has everything last years blower has and more(Wider}....I always thought items goes up and not down lol........JT

·
Registered
94 Posts
I happen to agree with you,but my Driveway is kinda long and have to go back and forth twice(Yep 2 inchs does not matter}But it makes NO sense that toro got rid of Last years Model and came out this season with a Model that is cheaper and has everything last years blower has and more(Wider}....I always thought items goes up and not down lol........JT
While I don't have any proof, I am willing to bet that Toro is NOT giving us more for less. Definitely not in the current state of the COVID economy. On paper it might seem like the 30" is the same but cheaper compared to the 28" but if the two machines were side by side and both were disassembled, I'm willing to bet that we'd find at least a few reasons why the price is cheaper. Maybe more plastic, less metal. Maybe thinner metal or softer hardware. I don't know.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just don't get it that they have the Same engine and the new Toro is 2 inch wider and looks the same.
But I agree maybe its Thinner metal or more plastics?
But still glad I got the 1028 from last season.........JT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts