Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a piece of junk 5.5 hp mtd knock off (yardman?) with a good engine and trans section. The auger section has bad gears, reallly rusty, etc. Where the two bolt together, the sections are flat. I want to try and add an auger section that is very new, but it has an additional 90 degree lip on each side that is used to hold the two section together. Best to drill the new section or try to weld a piece of angle to the trans side? Or maybe both?:confused:

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
I have a piece of junk 5.5 hp mtd knock off (yardman?) with a good engine and trans section. The auger section has bad gears, reallly rusty, etc. Where the two bolt together, the sections are flat. I want to try and add an auger section that is very new, but it has an additional 90 degree lip on each side that is used to hold the two section together. Best to drill the new section or try to weld a piece of angle to the trans side? Or maybe both?:confused:
IT would help us idiot's here if you posted pic's of what you want do.:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I guess i will sandblast and repaint the old housing and augers. She also needs the brass auger gear, impeller bearing, and the half dozen or so auger bushings. I see Milford power equipment has really good prices. Any other suppliers that are good and cheap? A tough combo these days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts