Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market of buying a snowblower and I am looking for a 24" track drive with steering assist.What would be the best choice of snowblower brand?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I do not think you have many to chose from I had a 8/24 Sears for 18 years and it served me good. But track parts are getting hard to find. At work we had a late 80's John Deere track it was a good one also 24 in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was in the same situation you were about a month ago, needed a small blower because i don't have a big place to clean and I dont mind spending extra time with a smaller machine as long as it works well. I ended up going up a extra 2" for the Troy-bilt 2690 XP track model. They sell for around $1100.00 which a bunch of extra features like heated grips and joystick chute control. I was originally going for the Honda that was mentioned above but I came across the Troy-bilt for less than half the price and just picked it up. I cannot comment on the reliability of it as I just got it a few weeks ago and haven't even started it up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don't ignore the yamaha YT624EJ, real nice bang for the buck ratio...(i personnally own a Honda HS724TCD because i got a great deal on it back then, but i did considered the Yamaha but no deal was in the air then on them). IF I was going to buy today, id go for the yamaha, comparable to same size honda for less, about the same then a hss622 and way cheaper then a hss724...my friend found on a new YT624EJ for 2395$ (floor demo) or 2595$ boxed...

OUPS...steering assist...still worth the look thought...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking at the Yamaha but it has no steering assist.I need something with steering assist because of a disc problem in my lower back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Large grader banks,grass area behind my house,I have a hill going into my driveway.I had a wheeled snowblower with chains and it couldn't get the job done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts