Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HSS1332 is going on 4 years after this season and I haven’t yet adjusted the valves. Is it an easy procedure?

·
Premium Member
7,723 Posts
My HSS1332 is going on 4 years after this season and I haven’t yet adjusted the valves. Is it an easy procedure?
probably not necessary unless there is a problem?
probably due for a service. New machines should have the oil changed after 20 hours ( i think that is what Honda recommends.)
Honda also suggests a service after every 100 hours.

it is extremely RARE that the valves need adjustment. ( in my experience )

Also I highly recommend you get the Honda shop manual if you are going to do all the work on this machine.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
The check is easy; the adjustment is not hard, but fiddly. Every 300 hours is likely plenty... My GX240 valves have not required adjustment for 35 years... I likely won't check the HSS1332AATD GX390 valves until I hit 100 hours.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m well past 100 hours. Hit that in the 2nd year I believe. Got the shop manual. Will take a look at it. I’ll have to go into service and ask what exactly they do for general servicing.

·
Premium Member
7,723 Posts
I’m well past 100 hours. Hit that in the 2nd year I believe. Got the shop manual. Will take a look at it. I’ll have to go into service and ask what exactly they do for general servicing.
The general service is outlined in the shop manual.
Too much to list here.

·
Premium Member
7,723 Posts
orangputeh is the Honda guru in here ......
Nice of you to say this but I am more an artist and glorified parts changer compared to some members here.

The go-to Honda tech gurus are tabora , ST1100A, Jn C , old YSHSfan , and several others.......sorry if i can't remember others for proper credit.

I read your and many others' posts here to learn more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts