Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the new husky tracked 30" blower.
Price is $2800. Cdn

Also looking at the Honda us 928. Price is $3499. Cdn

Husky dealer is 4 minutes from my house.
Free delivery and pick up drop off if ever there is a problem.

Honda dealer is an hour away.

I know the Honda might be better. But that's a fair price difference.

What are people's thoughts on the two??

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
if I had to choose on that 1. I would get the red machine. and that is all I am saying on that. ALOHA to the forms there Kenny.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Check for your closest Yamaha dealer and hopefully you'll get a better machine at an in between price.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check for your closest Yamaha dealer and hopefully you'll get a better machine at an in beteen price.
I did. They sell everything Yamaha... Except blowers.
Probably because they sell Honda. I went there looking for the yammy but was shown the Honda.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Did you check the yamaha site for a dealer near your postal code? I had 2 close by, made them fight for my money. Was fun, eventually the closest guy matched the other and I went with them. Supervisor looked at me with those eyes.... You know the ones over the reading glasses. Then I had them throw in a drift cutter lol.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ok. I did a search. Found a dealer in a little hole town 1.5 hours away. Yamaha 624e $2599 + 100 freight and 85 pdi.

So then. What's the better deal???? I kinda like the yammy being smaller to fit in the garage better.

The Yamaha is only 175cc and the husky is 4xx

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I will be able to tell you thursday if this storm pans out, but I had a 524 for 300 years and it did the job at a more than acceptable level. I don't expect the YT624EJ to be different. I live in a high snow average and am totally satisfied with the Yammy reason for getting a new one. As you can see here my old 524 handled it no problem.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet. I live smack in the middle of Manitoba.
My driveway is about 4 cars wide and 150' deep.

My last blower was a 28" husky on wheels.
I found it to ride up on the snow, and I spent every time pushing it down into the snow.

I think the Honda is out. Can't justify that much on a blower. That makes the husky and the yammy the same price.

12 hp and 30" husky on tracks.
6 hp and 24" yammy on tracks.....
Same price. Husky dealer close. Yamaha far.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I might be getting one of those nice Yamaha jackets too for repairing the salesmans Tundra key FOB

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Because of the tracks you can ride on top of snow, I do this all the time when we have 3 feet of snow. Auger mouth is only 18" so what I do is ride and skim the top 18" first, but you need to lift Auger for this to happen. Then on second pass you clear down to pavement. The wide tracks permit you to ride on snow which in my high snowfall area is great. I've seen 10-12feet at the driveway entrance and I just climb and trim the top first then come back for a second cut. Something you cannot do with a tire blower.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Second is to climb stairs if you want to clear your deck let's say.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Watch the last minute of this video.....or the whole video and be really impressed.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
If only the guy knew how to run that machine properly......

1 - 20 of 32 Posts