Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed my first maintenance of my 3X 26. My only problem was tipping the machine onto the augur housing in order to remove the transmission cover plate. I could tip it part way up, but was unable to shift my arms position to complete the tipping action. I was able to enlist the help of a neighbor who happened to be in his yard at the time.

I have a lift that I use for my riding mower, but there is at least one problem with using it for the snow blower: the machine has no brake. Trying to chock the wheels while keeping it from moving off the ramp would be difficult. Plus I have no wheel chocks since they are not needed for the mower (the front wheels can be strapped in place).

I am sure others have had this tipping problem and I would like to hear any suggestions you might have.

Thanks,

Charles

·
Retired Moderator
9,900 Posts
I can't say I've had that problem. I just went out and did my 30" Snapper. I put my palms at the end of the handles, crouch down a little and push up. That gets me close and it's kind of at a point where it's balanced. Then it's just a matter of grabbing it part way down the handle and letting it go forward until it rests on the housing or drift breaker if so equipped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts