Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first snowfall that I used my new 524 SWE in was a wet and heavy snow with some slush. I was not impressed with how it handled slush. It barely made it out of the chute and the chute clogged constantly.
Blowing regular snow, it was awesome! It tacked the 20 inches from the Snowmageddon storm with no problems!
I installed an impeller kit about a month ago and since it's been so cold, I've only been able to see how well it blew cold, dry snow. I noticed an immediate difference in the throwing distance though.
Today we got several inches of wet and heavy snow. It warmed up to nearly 40 degrees, so there's also a lot of slush. Perfect for seeing how this impeller kit would handle heavy slush!
Wow, is all I can say! I put 1.8 hours on the blower today and not once did I have to stop and clear out the chute! It blew any slush out and threw it at least 6 feet!
I highly recommend an impeller kit if you own one of these blowers!

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
an impeller kit is a good upgrade for any two stage snowblower

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey can you link me to this kit I have the same exact snow blower and was wondering about this . Thanks i tried googling couldnt find it

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey can you link me to this kit I have the same exact snow blower and was wondering about this . Thanks i tried googling couldnt find it
I bought mine from this site: 3 Inch / 3 Blade Impeller Kit: SNOWBLOWER IMPELLER KITS - 030387 - Snowblower Parts Canada - Improvre Your Snowblower Guaranteed

That's the 3 inch long kit that I used. The 2 inch long kit may not require you to bend the metal bars to fit the curve of the impeller.
I guess the choice is yours on whether you want the hassle of getting it to curve to the impeller, or just a straight bolt on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts