Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a common to find snowblower thats cheap and reliable. i will need to be able to remove blades off of one and wheels off of the other and combine them, i know im in for a lot of work but i need a simple starting platform. I know this might not be the exact right pace to come but its a start

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Not understanding what you are trying to achieve here.

Could you post a drawing of what your attempted outcome might look like?

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
How wide? The blades are called augers and they are not a minute job to swap, some are easier than others, they all have gear boxes which make it difficult. I have seen 2 snowblower augers side by side to make the snowblower wider. Maybe a rubber shaft coupler would work, sometimes called a elastomeric coupler.

·
Registered
712 Posts
We have no way of knowing what brand of used snow blowers would be most common in your area. If you did some searches in your location and tell us which brands AND MODELS are available, we can tell you what to avoid or look for.

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
get a couple 212's Predator's from Harbor Freight for $99 each.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im planning on doing one engine but i need a usally cheap base snow blower to take the auger off and the split another on and put the wheels off of another on the one without a auger

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
I cant imagine what you want for a final outcome, could you enlighten me with some type of drawing and its purpose?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
as good as i can do using a computer, i want it just for a fun build and possibly fun ouutcome
Gesture Art Handwriting Font Rectangle
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Toy Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3,351 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
The disc style snow blower transmission will be an absolute failure if you get it wet or muddy. Waste of time.

Reactions: Ziggy65

·
Registered
712 Posts
About the only other snow blower related transmission are the hydro units but they do not fit your criteria of being cheap.

·
Registered
325 Posts
You'll do a lot better looking for a good yard tractor with hydrostatic drive, Drop the mower deck, stretch the chassis (very easy if you have two...) and add the second set of drive wheels, etc. I'll warn you that you'll want a way to add a 'steering brake' setup to actually steer it in mud. The tractors come with steering obviously, but no limited-slip. Get creative and just do a twin-engine from the two joined tractor chassis. Decide if you want to sit in front of both drives. Think "roll cage" too.

Reactions: FlyFrog
1 - 19 of 19 Posts