Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toro has released 60V two stage blowers in 24" and 26" models. They take up to three 7.5ah batteries and claim to be able to clear 10" from a 30 car driveway with two batteries.

First look:

The motor runs all the time when you turn it on. I find that pretty odd. When they say "just like gas" I guess they mean it, they didn't even bother to put electric switches in for the auger or drive.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A video of it in action. Evidently Toro sent out preproduction units in February to reviewers. Seems to throw snow pretty well, even with the little auger and impeller.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pricing on the 26":

Tool only: $1299
(2) 6ah batteries: $1499
(2) 7.5ah batteries: $1699

For comparison, the gas version is $1199 and the 24" EGO is $1299 with (2) 7.5ah batteries.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd be interested in that. My questions would be about EOD and battery longevity, as in would the battery last 5 years, 10 years or ?? At somewhere around $300 + a battery, that can add up fast.

I'm looking for a new snowblower.. this might be the one.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd be interested in that. My questions would be about EOD and battery longevity, as in would the battery last 5 years, 10 years or ?? At somewhere around $300 + a battery, that can add up fast.

I'm looking for a new snowblower.. this might be the one.
I wouldn't plan on more than 5 years on the batteries, though who knows, snowblowers are used a lot less than mowers. Electrics are not a good value in the long run. But their quietness and easy maintenance is very attractive. I'm also curious how it will do at EOD. The auger and impeller are rather small. Buying this and then a bare tool Super Recycler mower would be a pretty nice setup.

One thing I have now realized is that it should be easy to repower in the future. Or you could probably just put that motor on any snowblower, much like you would put a Predator on. A lot of interesting possibilities.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Another action video in deeper snow. It looks pretty comparable to gas.

Also looks like the prices on their main Toro website are $100 more than they show on the 60V FlexForce website:

Tool only: $1399
(2) 6ah batteries: $1599
(2) 7.5ah batteries: $1799

$1799 will buy you an HD 1030. Also, replacing the two batteries would cost over $700 (currently $361 each).

I want to like this thing, but the cost is really hard to justify.

Edit: It also looks like the gas version's price (826 OHAE) has gone up $200, to $1399. That's also a lot for such a small auger and impeller, IMO. Who would buy that when the HD 828 OAE is just $100 more at $1499? I have a feeling Toro isn't done adjusting their prices for 2021.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts