Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my carb on my Toro 3521 snow blower, the part number on the carb is 825 5J18 I could not any info on this number. I did however track down this part number 632378a that goes with my Engine model which is TECUMSEH MODEL H35-45598R Ser 5266B. Anyone have a used working carb out there that will fit this engine.. The new ones are close to 100 bucks yikes..
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
see if the carb from the toro 421 or 521 will work for you. last year i had to buy two carbs for my toro ccr 2000's ( one for each unit ) at $89 each

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
If it comes down to having to spend $100 for a carb you can see about switching the engine to a Honda clone. People have had good luck with the Harbor Freight ones and they go for $90 - $120 depending on sales and coupons. I put a 6.5HP Greyhound on a 3521 and someone else put one on a 521 and we both had good success. The new Predator engines are pretty similar to the older Greyhounds.

·
Super Moderator
2,677 Posts
Carb

That is an outragous price for a carb. If the one on the blower is a single shaft motor, I think Shryp's suggestion of switching it out makes alot of sense. You may have a little modding to do but you'll have a whole engine for the price of a carb.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes 100 bucks is way over priced for a carb. Especially when all other carbs seem to go for anywhere from $20-50. I did come across this carb
Amazon.com: Tecumseh Carburetor Carb replaces 632107 632107A: Patio, Lawn & Garden
Looks like it will fit. The only thing that looks different is the choke linkage. I am sure I could figure out a different way to operate the choke if this one would work on my H35 Engine. I'd hate to buy a entire new engine as this one works just fine.. So ya think this carb would fit and work with my blower?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I have found that if you buy a direct, no mess bolt on carb they are easily in that price range. If you buy a "service" replacement, they should be around $40. On the service carbs you have to swap some parts from the old onto the new, like the choke shaft and plate for example.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
found a replacement carb on amazon for 30 bucks.. Not exactly the same part, but it should work. The choke linkage was the only thing different.. I'll figure out a way to make that work though. Heck it is better than what I had.. No choke lever the plastic piece broke off long ago. I had to use a screw driver to adjust it.. Kinda a pain when it is cold out ;>)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
sorry ariff, just noticed the message box. send me the item number of the carb from amazon. I will check your older post for the carb number in regards to the choke and check what i have tomorrow. I have to check a trans part for cavemanperiod motomower

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I picked up a replacement from Amazon for 20 bucks I am going to install it this weekend and see how it goes. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
that oem link i posted will sell you just the choke lever if you dont want to use a screw driver anymore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts