Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no use for this beast but my dad bought it brand new in 72. He's been battling cancer hardcore..its fun seeing it moving again. New motor, now I'm painting. 20180120_171540.jpg

20180120_163807.jpg

20180109_142357.jpg

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear about what your dad is facing, I wish him the best.

Nice work with the machine, good luck, enjoy the new engine!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I wish your father the best. Good to see you restoring the Ariens, I’m sure he’s happy to see that. Nice Grand National!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its looking great guys, my dad always had a tarp on it so it stayed in good shape. The predator motor is a great choice. You can't go wrong for $100

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lmao, not many people know what that car is..nice job haha
My eyes went straight to the car too. I didn't see an auger attached and decided not to high jack the thread. Both machines are looking great! Certainly will put a smile on the old man's face seeing his '72 with new attitude :devil:

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Its looking great guys, my dad always had a tarp on it so it stayed in good shape. The predator motor is a great choice. You can't go wrong for $100
I've heard a lot of good things about the Predator 212cc, people seem to love them. I don't have an application for one at the moment, but it's good knowing that it, and the 301cc version, are available. The 301cc is quite a bit more expensive, unfortunately.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hahaha he loves the grand national too, he almost bought one when I was 10 years old and my mom put a stop to that hahaha

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Impeller

Any of you guys using an early 70's Ariens..? I'm seeing the impeller kit kicks ass, $40 on eBay...is that the one to buy?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
I bought a roll of baler belt at Tractor Supply Company for around $15, along with some stainless steel fasteners, and made my own. Some people have used rubber mudflaps for trucks, or sidewalls from old tires.

So there are cheaper options, at least. If you have a link to the eBay auction you were looking at, that might be helpful.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts