Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 10000 series, a 1973 32" with an 8hp motor.

I'm doing some tune up work and was cleaning the carb and removed the linkage, and also the governor arm so I could get some room - the linkage attachment to it was far too difficult to remove so I took the whole thing off.

Putting everything back together and trying to do a test start - the machine would not start at all. It would only start if I jiggled the governor arm. It would fire up and once I let go it would die. I started and kept jiggling it and even pushed out on it a bit but it sounded like it would run too fast, so I quickly let off.

I'm pretty sure I screwed up the linkage and governor arm going back together - does anyone have any pictures of what it is supposed to look like? Did I put the linkage in the right carb butterfly hole?

Here's what I have it set up on:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did you try the other hole? Did it run before you took it apart ?You may have carb. or other issues. Pictures look like this engine has been neglected.

·
Registered
871 Posts
the linkage on the arm looks correct.
make sure the links are in correct holes for each on butterfly and throttle lever.
if u removed gov arm then u need to reset the gov arm, google will help w/that

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you try the other hole? Did it run before you took it apart ?You may have carb. or other issues. Pictures look like this engine has been neglected.
It did run before I took it apart - I'm questioning if moving it to a different hole would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Old saying, " if it aint broke, don't fix it "

Vinny said it right, you've messed with the governor, that will require a reset ... older governors are worn and sloppy, so good luck with that one.

All in all, if the machine is in good shape, that might be a candidate for a Predator engine by looking at that engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts