Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this 73-4 8hp Freebie Today. Was Missing Carb, and Skids. Started First Pull after I replaced Carb. Drive was Inconsistent, and Found it had a Chewed Up Friction Wheel, which I replaced. IMHO, One of The Best Improvements Ariens Made was changing the Friction Wheel Configuration on the 924 series.

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
overall it looks to be in good shape, is it a keeper

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Regarding the 924 series, I was referring to the Friction Wheel Repair. 924 takes 5 minutes.....

·
Retired Moderator
9,900 Posts
Some people just have no clue. This is how my Troy when it was given to me. Poor little lady was pushing that 24" through the snow and ended up shoveling because she hated the machine so much. The guy was handicapped and ended up going out and getting a new tracked machine for her with electric chute controls.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
9,900 Posts
That's my guess too. The son was worthless and wouldn't even think of doing it and the grand-kids didn't care so likely one of them broke it and never told her and she just didn't know. She was in her 70's

Jackmels, Nice freebie and another Ariens back on the road !!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some people just have no clue. This is how my Troy when it was given to me. Poor little lady was pushing that 24" through the snow and ended up shoveling because she hated the machine so much. The guy was handicapped and ended up going out and getting a new tracked machine for her with electric chute controls.
Yikes!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
overall it looks to be in good shape, is it a keeper
The Only One I Consider a "Keeper" is My 1976 32" 924 Repowered w/10hp, Tall Chute, and Impeller Seal That Kicks Ass! Anything Else I have is Expendable....

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
My problem Jack is I fall in love with them as I'm building them.......I guess they're keepers only until I get an offer I can't refuse. My latest "keeper" is the same 32 in 924 with a 10 hp Tec as yours....the twin! I'm putting together a 12 ohv Tech on a ST 1032 Chassis....so I don't know if I'll keep both. Especially since it never is going to snow again LOL.......

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You'll forget all about them when someone "Shows You the Money!"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts