Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought this from a guy this year and am planning on getting it running and restoring it. I am going to need help doing that. Most won't understand [in this throw away generation]. It's an exciting time. I've only got one project as I set out a bunch of stuff for the metal collectors. A nice old Simplicity Snowthrower that I did not want to throw away but now I don't have to worry about it anymore.
an exciting
IMG_20210715_202236416.jpg

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
The 924 series twin stick machines are a good unit. Well built and easy to work on.

All spruced up, with some nice XTrac tires and Poly skids, that unit will give you many years of reliable service.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
I have to wonder if folks store this stuff in thier swimming pools or what . . . I don't think I could get a machine to rust like that if I tried!

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Its the fact that many people store these outside in the elements .... most try and throw a tarp over them, some don't even do that.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Has the "Good Gearbox". Good Score.

Reactions: T. L. Kott

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guy I bought it from had a small engine repair spot and stored a lot of that stuff outside in the back of his tire shop. He's older and wanted it all gone. I picked up a bunch of stuff for a reasonable price.
It's a complete tear-down in my opinion...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Speaking of that the wheels are locked up. Any suggestions on what it is? I haven't even looked at it yet to determine what the cause is...

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
These are really nice to work on. As you check things out, note and pay attention to how things operate ... It will give you a good understanding of things. Also a better understanding of what might be wrong when something goes haywire.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought this from a guy this year and am planning on getting it running and restoring it. I am going to need help doing that. Most won't understand [in this throw away generation]. It's an exciting time. I've only got one project as I set out a bunch of stuff for the metal collectors. A nice old Simplicity Snowthrower that I did not want to throw away but now I don't have to worry about it anymore.
an exciting View attachment 179711 View attachment 179712 View attachment 179713 View attachment 179714 View attachment 179715
[/QUOT]

Mr.Kott,
Yo should be excited , my Ariens model 10965 has cleared my drive for five decades!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts