Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Bobcat with a 7hp Briggs that will run, but won't go to high idle. I bought it this way. I am not sure I have the all of the carb linkage or if it is set up correctly. I only have 1 link rod and 1 spring. I currently have the link rod connected to the carb butterfly and the governor, and the spring from the governor arm to the rotating part. The spring is about 1.5" long and has has hooks on each end. I feel I might be missing something. Any help or photos would be great. Thanks Tom

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
I have a 7hp that will run, but won't go to high idle. I bought it this way. I am not sure I have the all of the carb linkage or if it is set up correctly. I only have 1 link rod and 1 spring. I currently have the link rod connected to the carb butterfly and the governor, and the spring from the governor arm to the rotating part. The spring is about 1.5" long and has has hooks on each end. I feel I might be missing something. Any help or photos would be great. Thanks Tom
What brand of snowblower is it?????? anyhoo, ALOHA from the paradise city.:smiley-rpg027::smiley-rpg027::smiley-rpg027::smiley-rpg027::smiley-rpg027::smiley-rpg027:

·
9,612 Posts
The weather monkeys are saying we are going to get heavy wet snow tonight. SO YOU ALL Know the "SR" will wake the night here in my hood. so i will get you those pics tonight.:wavetowel2::wavetowel2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks power shift, I bought a new carb off ebay and put it on today. She ran good for a 3 minutes then sounded like it ran out of fuel. My linkage was correct. She had a strong idle and I was even able to shut it off and finish putting the covers back on. The carb off ebay was a copy that had a few burrs that need to be removed and the air mixture jet was over tightened and damaged. So I had to remove it and clean out chips, but the second attempt was successful. I tried to write a couple days ago but got locked out with password issues. My plan is to remove and flush the tank and get a fuel filter and maybe an inline shut off. Mine has a shut off but it needs attention. I will try to post some pictures after I de-grease it some. Thanks again for all your help. Tom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I also have a 5hp bobcat that needs some motor work, I think I snapped the connecting rod. It backfired and started on fire. I pushed it out of the garage and then poured water on it. After that I tried to start it and now it is locked up. It was all my fault, I didn't want to take the tank off so I flipped the whole thing over. This caused gas to spill all over the motor. I actually have a picture of it on fire from my tail cam. I am thinking about re-powering it with a Harbor Freight 5 HP, if it will work. I am not sure if the gear reduction will just bolt up from my briggs IC.

·
9,612 Posts
Well how many fire depts got called to that inferno.J/K yeah try that BRIGGS on there if not then you will be calling harbor freight on that 1. you could see if that 1 can be salvaged.:eek:k::icon_whistling:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also have a 5hp bobcat that needs some motor work, I think I snapped the connecting rod. It backfired and started on fire. I pushed it out of the garage and then poured water on it. After that I tried to start it and now it is locked up. It was all my fault, I didn't want to take the tank off so I flipped the whole thing over. This caused gas to spill all over the motor. I actually have a picture of it on fire from my tail cam. I am thinking about re-powering it with a Harbor Freight 5 HP, if it will work. I am not sure if the gear reduction will just bolt up from my briggs IC.
I have a 5/20 BobCat and it requires a motor with a 6:1 reduction box and as far as I can tell most all of the BobCats use this gear reduction motor. When I re-powered mine I bought a 205cc Briggs ohv with the 6:1 gear box. That said, I don't think that Harbor Frt. has a motor with a 6:1 reduction box on it. Lifan does have two reduction motors, a 2:1 and a 6:1 shown in their online catalog. You might be able to contact them and ask who carries them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts