Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings to all
haven't posted on this site for quite a while as all my machines have been running well for the last few years, however, they are getting noisy...
I have two 924**s machines (tough to read the numbers) both with the original 8 hp Tec engines. I'm looking for new mufflers for them and can't seem to find the part numbers or suppliers.
I'll admit to being somewhat lazy posting here as I could spend the time "searching' but I'd rather be at the granddaughter's birthday party and outside than sitting here
any help is appreciated as any thoughts on if there is a better way to quiet down these machines and to pull off the mufflers (haven't tried that yet).... they do a great job for me and I have on hearing protection when I use them, but sometimes I'm running them pretty late in the evening or early in the morning and I'm sure the neighbors would be happier if they're 'quiet'
thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Using the catalytic mufflers we have talked about would work but they will be more expensive.
Finding the engine serial number will be the key for obtaining a standard muffler or a catalytic muffler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts