Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my paddles are leaving black rubber marks in places on my driveway and sidewalk. Would upgrading the paddles to the "extended life paddle kit" help prevent this? I am assuming the rubber would be harder and maybe not mark things up as much? Maybe I'm just being fussy!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I noticed that my paddles are leaving black rubber marks in places on my driveway and sidewalk. Would upgrading the paddles to the "extended life paddle kit" help prevent this? I am assuming the rubber would be harder and maybe not mark things up as much? Maybe I'm just being fussy!
I've never noticed any marks on the surfaces that my 821 QZE has covered (asphalt driveway, concrete sideways, stone patio, painted asphalt tennis courts). How old are the paddles? Mine is only a year old, so perhaps they have reached EOL. Did you call Toro? They may have some feedback as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never noticed any marks on the surfaces that my 821 QZE has covered (asphalt driveway, concrete sideways, stone patio, painted asphalt tennis courts). How old are the paddles? Mine is only a year old, so perhaps they have reached EOL. Did you call Toro? They may have some feedback as well. Good luck!
The blowers is brand new. I haven't even done my 2hr oil change yet. I haven't called Toro as of yet. I thought I'd try posting here first.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly, the marks "may" come off but if it keeps marking the cement off with use, they are going to be all over the place! I'm more curious if the "extended life" paddles are a harder material and more likely not to leave their mark!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Never had that happen on any of my two cycle single stage machines. I do know that the extended life paddles are much harder to install because of the lack of flexibility. How tight are the paddles to the back of the machine?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
View attachment 203427

I grabbed these photos this morning. Hopefully they are clear enough to make out the markings.
View attachment 203426 View attachment 203427 View attachment 203430 View attachment 203429 View attachment 203428
With a broom finish being on the rough side, I would say that is pretty much expected. Turning the steering wheel on your car would leave the same amount of residue. I tried a set of after-market poly skids and they also left marks besides causing more vibration because of the extra hardness of the paddles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts