Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of my mildly molested 8230 with an 8hp Briggs. I was considering re-powering it with an 8 or 10hp Honda Knock off, but after a carb clean and some tuning it runs stronger than ever. I think I’ll wait for it throw a rod before replacing it.
Other maintenance and mods for this year include repairing the lazy recoil, chute or impeller mod, replace the driven disc, update to a 30” plastic chute, and replace the belts. I was going to change the oils in the “transmission” and auger drive but they’re both filled with grease. Guessing they probably leaked a little at one time.
I am also very interested in an electric start but a 120v seems pretty tough to find. A 12v starter would work too considering I’m nice to my stuff and keep it in a heated garage all winter.

Anyway, I’ve owned it 8 or so years and it’s been virtually flawless. Can anyone tell me when it may have been built?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
If the engine appears original, the numbers from it should tell the story.

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
i like that "mildly molested"

sounds like my childhood in the catholic church.

Shame on you for blaming the church when you know it was your fault.
I think I see Ariens skids on it :facepalm_zpsdj194qh

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i like that "mildly molested"

sounds like my childhood in the catholic church.

Maybe one day it’ll be completely worked over, but I feel like I should have a back up snowblower just in case something were to happen to this one. A guy can have two or more, right?

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
What are you saying? There's guys out there with only one machine .... say it aint so !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts