Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
First time posting on this forum. I had and 824 with a bad motor. I replaced the motor and after a few test runs with the auger engaged, I found that the impeller bearing is a little sloppy. I have 0 experience with TORO brand. I'm more familiar with he Ariens and John Deere. After looking over the machine, it appears that it is not a small project. I'm thinking i need to remove the entire auger/impeller parts to get the machine split. I could just wing it and go as I see fit. However if there is a repair manual or procedure to follow, I would like to go that route. Mod # is 38080 and see # is 6003240.
Any help would be appreciated.
Randy

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Hi all,
First time posting on this forum. I had and 824 with a bad motor. I replaced the motor and after a few test runs with the auger engaged, I found that the impeller bearing is a little sloppy. I have 0 experience with TORO brand. I'm more familiar with he Ariens and John Deere. After looking over the machine, it appears that it is not a small project. I'm thinking i need to remove the entire auger/impeller parts to get the machine split. I could just wing it and go as I see fit. However if there is a repair manual or procedure to follow, I would like to go that route. Mod # is 38080 and see # is 6003240.
Any help would be appreciated.
Randy
You are going to have to kick it old school. split it in half. and start taking it apart. you can always PM for help if you need it.:eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, got it all apart and found a bad bearing. Wasn't as bad as I was thinking.
Getting ready to order parts.
Randy

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Glad to hear you weren't having a bad time with seized/stuck shafts! Be sure to lube everything liberally with grease when she goes back together and you will save yourself future grief......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jerry and fibersport,
Those were the scenarios that i was expecting, however, this darn thing popped right off with only a couple sprays of WD40 and some love taps with a hammer. Simply amazing!!!!! One thing I have to say that the machine is exceptionally clean and free of rust for its age. I'm thinking its a 1986 model. Ordered the parts last night and will hopefully slide it back together real soon. Thanks again for all the tips. I received a helpful message from another fella about the manuals. I can't seem to find it so I have to do some digging. I'm new to this website so it may take a bit to find my way around. These sites are great.
Randy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just checked out the "sticky" on TORO repair manuals. That will be helpful in the future. It doesn't show my specific model, however I'm thinking t looks pretty similar. Thanks again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts