Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 2010 Toro 826 OXE electric start plug has its ground pin pulled out of the socket. Can the plug housing be open and have a new three prong installed or do I need to buy a new plug and starter button unit wired to the starter motor?

Thanks,Wayne

·
Registered
40 Posts
It should still work okay without it until you get it repaired. A local dealer should either fix it for you or can order the repair part and possibly fix it yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
on repairing the starter plug

It should still work okay without it until you get it repaired. A local dealer should either fix it for you or can order the repair part and possibly fix it yourself.
===============================================================================

Hello,

I purchased my Toro 838 model 37777 two years ago. It did not come with an extension cord so I would plug directly into the plug on the Toro...until the ground prong fell off, not broke off. The machine was under the three year warranty but I had no way to transport it to the dealer for repair. I researched the part and found it was part of the complete starter assembly. The dealer said the black box could be cut open and fixed but I opted for replacement. I took my assembly off and waited almost five months for the new one under warranty. I now leave a outdoor extension cord on the machine permanently now. The ground plug is there for a reason, water and shock. It is a safety item that can be bypassed but think about it.

Princess
Neebish Island
Michigan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts