Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw ad for 826 it's not real close to me so I asked seller if he could find a 5 digit number for me. He knew where to look but said it was gone. Said he did not try to start it. It's his dad's and has been sitting for 2 years. It's apparently just a plain 826 no letters before or after. It has the large drum type auger, asking $125. Seems that Toro had a number of ways to get differential action several of which seem to use a dog-clutch mechanism. Anyone know if this is likely to have that. I'm really not looking for that. Don't want to make the trip to look at the machine if it's not a desirable model. Also I assume it's new enough that it's a "squeeze the handle" to engage the drive and blower. Once looked at an old Ariens that was the opposite.
Anyone have an opinion if this is one of the "good" ones?
Thanks
Herb

·
Registered
825 Posts
well there were the old (late 70's thru early 80's ??) model 826's, and now there are the Power Max 826's from I think early 2000's. You can look at some info here on Toro history:

If it has the drum type auger it sounds like the early model. Those are heavy, well built machines.

You can find parts lists here: Parts | Toro or here: 38150 - WEINGARTZ

tx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts