Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got this the other day and cleaned it up when u put gas in it and hit the primer it starts right up but after u shut it off gas keeps coming out of the carb bought a rebuild kit for it but still does the same thing its a small tecumseh engine i think 3hp and has a diaphram carb on it

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
even if its a diaphragm as opposed to a float carb, it still has an inlet needle to shut off the gas when it needs to. a picture or engine model number so we can look up the carb and we can tell you how to adjust the needle valve

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
think i found my error found a tiny piece of rubber that appears to be the seat for the inlet needle that didnt get installed during the rebuild will find out tomm.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
there is a right and wrong way to put it in. i believe that one side has a ring/line on the face and the other side is smooth. i believe the ring side faces into the carb and the smooth side out where the needle would sit. i will double check and get back to you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got it together no more flooding but it doesnt want to idle down i got the hi rev set fine but when you go to idle it down it just dies if i open and close the choke it will stay running on low idle but as soon as i stop it dies i have tries to adjust the lo needle in and out but makes no differance

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is there a set screw to hold the throttle plate open for base idle speed? Most of these have one and if yours is closed to much it could be causing it to die. Though in some models its based off spring pressure and air flow but I'm not sure for yours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts