Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished putting together new snow blower, Ariens 920025, and for life of me, cannot figure out where the oil drain is located. This blower does not seem to have the tube by the recoil.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I believe a diagram in your manual, should show you where it is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is the thing, called their support, and they seem confused themselves. It looks like a side drain, but I asked as about this as the wheel would have to come off. This has the 208cc engine. The parts diagram shows the rear drain, but the engine does not have it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Just finished putting together new snow blower, Ariens 920025, and for life of me, cannot figure out where the oil drain is located. This blower does not seem to have the tube by the recoil.
Xmnj try looking for a small pipe sticking out of the right side of your snow blower just below the plug in outlet for the electric start. If not there, check for small pipe sticking out at the rear of the machine below the recoil start assembly.

Good Luck.., its hiding there somewhere:devil:

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
That is the thing, called their support, and they seem confused themselves. It looks like a side drain, but I asked as about this as the wheel would have to come off. This has the 208cc engine. The parts diagram shows the rear drain, but the engine does not have it.
It's not unusual to have to take the wheel off. Some of us have used piping with elbows to change the direction to make it easier to change the oil, others have used various funnel systems.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I saw your manual with 2 possible positions, so yours must be located below the electric start outlet on the right side of your machine as you stand behind it. Page 8, 9 or 10 on the PDF file.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I got a 92025 Ariens (The Classic 24 model) several weeks ago. Some changes are going on with the model. My unit does have the oil drain tube near the recoil pull but is has something that is different from other units of the model that I have seen.

Mine lacks the tall dipstick tube that is on the side of the engine facing the front toward the auger. Instead of using the tall tube and dipstick, one checks the oil via a plug down low at the crankcase level. The plug has a top the resembles a knob on a stove and is easy to turn to come off.. It has a short dipstick about an inch and half long. It is black and has screw like threads that are easy to read as the oil sticks on the threads.

That spot seems a more reliable way of checking oil level and can be seen easier than the units with the tall tube and a white dipstick. However, I need to fill oil down below, which is nuisance but is similar to the setup in my generator, so I am used to this.

I looked at other Ariens models and they have a similar plug in that same location. But their plugs do not have that stove knob top but rather an exotic shape that would require a special tool to get a grip on.

BTW my motor was built in December 2017. That is pretty normal for models that are assembled in the early part of 2018 and arrives on our shores in the Fall.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Xmnj try looking for a small pipe sticking out of the right side of your snow blower just below the plug in outlet for the electric start. If not there, check for small pipe sticking out at the rear of the machine below the recoil start assembly.

Good Luck.., its hiding there somewhere:devil:

I have a 2014 Ariens 921037, and the oil drain is sticking out of the right side of the block, just above the right tire. WHY they would put it there ia a mystery to me. It makes oils changes a pain in the #@%:surprise:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 2014 Ariens 921037, and the oil drain is sticking out of the right side of the block, just above the right tire. WHY they would put it there ia a mystery to me. It makes oils changes a pain in the #@%:surprise:
Use a piece of sheet metal bent at 90* lengthwise - or the side of a 2 liter pop bottle cut out to make a trough to slip under the drain pipe coming from the side of the block. Gets the oil out past the tire no mess no issues to get it into an oil drain pan. If there is no extension pipe installed then simple to go to the local home improvement store and pick up a short piece of brass pipe and pipe cap.

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
Use a piece of sheet metal bent at 90* lengthwise - or the side of a 2 liter pop bottle cut out to make a trough to slip under the drain pipe coming from the side of the block. Gets the oil out past the tire no mess no issues to get it into an oil drain pan. If there is no extension pipe installed then simple to go to the local home improvement store and pick up a short piece of brass pipe and pipe cap.

Hey,thanks for that idea. I will give it a shot. I tried to make a drain hose, but there is a flat washer-like flange at the end of the drain tube. I also might try just a piece of old heater hose that will make it over that flange. I've only done one oil change on it, since I just bought it last year, end of season, so I have time to conjure something up.:smile_big:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, did you every figure out it’s location? I’ve got the same problem and can’t find the drain anywhere on this.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Drains on these small engines usually come out of the bottom portion of the engine block. Right or left side, or rear .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah I have the manual and it shows two spots - the first spot coming out the back has nothing there. The second spot coming out the right does have a bolt but no drain tube (nothing sticks out)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome to the SBF from Gettysburg.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah I have the manual and it shows two spots - the first spot coming out the back has nothing there. The second spot coming out the right does have a bolt but no drain tube (nothing sticks out)
Please post your engine make and model number and I would like to take a look at the online manual. Only other thing I can think of is they didn't machine the drain plug during the manufacturing process???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts