Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've been rocking what I think is a 924026 (pn are worn off, pic below) w/clipper deck and Predator212 for summer and winter use. The current 4.10/3.50-6 tires work but leave ruts in the field at speed :devil:

I'm hoping to source turf wheels or such. I'd like to leave the current wheels intact and just swap as seasons change. I'm not sure how to find the proper spacing for the axle and 3 lugs for a new wheel.

Also since the diff locking pin comes through one of the current wheels. How do I accommodate that or should I just pull that pin entirely for summer use? .. actually I don't know that i've ever needed to engage it so maybe just remove completely.

thanks all!!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, i'm a fan! The cost of the deck and a Predator212 was way less than a 28" mower. Also, the engine now sees year round use no need to winterize. Just change the oil.

·
Retired Moderator
9,900 Posts
On some of the parts diagrams for blowers they will show two different size wheel and tire combinations. On your Ariens I'm not sure but maybe the wheel/tire combo of a 32" machine has a wider footprint and would be what you're looking for ??
I can't find a parts diagram with any numbers for your wheel.

Or if that doesn't work there is always the chance a later four bolt wheel and tire would be a good choice and you can have the flange drilled and tapped for a four bolt pattern. The trick is to find something that is about the same diameter but wider so you're not lifting the back end of the cutter and dropping the nose and getting a "U" shape cut of the grass from the tires lifting up the tractor too much. I have no clue how that cutter gets adjusted but if you can also raise those front tires or replace them with bigger tires whatever it takes to be able to get the deck parallel with the ground at your desired cutting height you can go with taller tires as I think you'd have more choices that the stock six inch
I suppose it would be too much to dream that later year flanges might be able to be swapped in place of yours.
You might also have a second set of wheels cut in half and a spacer welded in. Just depends on what wider 6" tires are available

1 - 7 of 7 Posts