Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on a project, in the process of canabalizing a 9hp OHV Simplicity 970 and upgrading my 8hp L-Head D/A Sno-Pro II (twin to Simplicity 870) with it, will there be much of an improvement in power? The main reason I started this was to transfer the easy turn hardware onto the Sno-Pro. I might be dealing with different shaft/axle diameters. Anyone ever attempt this? The 970 is commercial duty rated with heavier duty parts.

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
you will get better torque and better fuel economy, easier starting, cleaner burning. you might have to drill new holes for the 9hp

·
Registered
407 Posts
Are you sure about that? I checked the part #'s and it's the same for both ohsk90 and hm80 engines.
My landlord's Simplicity and my Allis both have HM80's-the blowers themselves look almost identical other than color.My Allis has a 3/4"crank,his Simplicity has a 1" crank-I'm sure of this.

I wasn't comparing an HM80 to an OHSK90-I was noting Simplicity's odd habit of using engines with two different crank sizes for basically identical machines.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear you. I compared them because I have them both and they appeared to be twins as I've already taken parts off the simplicity to put on my D/A.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts