6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lake superior cert

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YOU mean summer's already over.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
I plan on going to the hocking hills, oh area tomorrow afternoon. summer may be ending but I'm getting in what will probably be my last long ride this year

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here is one I took over the weekend

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
You should have added some captions.
First picture,
Where is the rest of the vessel?
What is that?

Second picture,
Did you ride the rapids in a raft down that river? :p

Third picture,
You jump in there to get cool? :p

The last picture,
Nice picture of the family. :D

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1: the calcite was a great lakes freighter, the wheel house was turned into a museum located on the grounds of 40 mile point light house
2: that is the Tahquamenon upper fall
3: pictured rocks
I didn't raft down any water ways nor did I jump in any, not enough time during my U.P. adventure

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you liftoff, the lake superior was the toughest of the IBA rides I've done so far. I'm not sure I would want to do it again in june either, it was wet and cold up there. we counted a couple of moose, one black bear, and 27 deer

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Longest run i ever did was from here (northern suburb of Mpls) to Sundance WY. 650 miles in 12 hours.

Not much by your standard's but I did have the wife on back also, so I hope that accounts for something. :D

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Longest run i ever did was from here (northern suburb of Mpls) to Sundance WY. 650 miles in 12 hours.

Not much by your standard's but I did have the wife on back also, so I hope that accounts for something. :D
having a passenger for 650 miles I tip my hat to you sir, I don't like having a passenger on a bike and hardly ever do. sometimes during the summer my GF wants to take a bike trip to Chicago. she rides my 1200 Goldwing and I ride my 1500 Goldwing. at first she didn't like it but seeing she could take all the junk she could fit in the saddle bags and trunk she soon changed her mind. she gets questioned a lot ( I warned her it would happen ) by other people we meet on the road about riding a motorcycle and what its like

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What do you suppose the thinking was behind the massive drum on the middle machines' auger?
the drums are said to meter the snow going into the auger. some say the large drums ride up on packed snow but I've never really had that problem. my neighbor across the street had an ariens of about 5hp and it and my 521 rode up on hard pack snow about the same as his airens. no one in the hood has anything as big as my 826 or 824. I had to help him last winter when the rain caused the snow to form a sheet of ice on top and we didn't have traction with our 5hp machines. the 826 walked right through it with the chains on the tires

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it sure is my foot. I was standing at my work station at henry's when I took the pic

1 - 20 of 23 Posts