Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My good old friend toro 2450 has past. He died of cancer and dents .All though his heart still pumped his auger could not go any more . For 13 yrs we blew many walk way's together and to say the least ,he was a good friend to have with me in my plow truck.
going to miss you partner.

·
Registered
400 Posts
It's a sad sad day when you loose a loyal friend. Hopefully your new partner will work out.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
a sad day indeed
what are you looking to replace it with
you know my 2450 is 15yrs old now

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Craigslist is your friend. And patience.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
We all know that the day will eventually come, but it is never easy. You could always get it taxidermy(clear coated) and you could simply use it as yard art.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't no at this time what will replace the 2450 . What I will miss is how light it was . But it was loud and did not use it late at night at any res house. The dawn fall to all the new single stage blowers is they weigh more but they make less noise.

·
Registered
550 Posts
RIP Toro... May you be in a land fill or recycled metal, our thoughts will always be with you. OH say hey to my 1974 toro Whirlwind mower..best **** mower I ever had..weep weep.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sad to lose a good friend who gave many years of faithful service, but easier to replace with another of the same than if you lost your dog (or worse).

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
calling for a moment of silence today at 7:21pm

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
How can you just quit on it ??

Remember the famous words of Oscar Goldman: Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic 2450 !! 69Ariens Toro will be that 2450. Better than he was before. Better... stronger... faster.

Letting it rust away, say it ain't so :(

Attachments

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
How can you just quit on it ??

Remember the famous words of Oscar Goldman: Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic 2450 !! 69Ariens Toro will be that 2450. Better than he was before. Better... stronger... faster.

Letting it rust away, say it ain't so :(
funny that is what I say about THE MASTERPIECE.:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

·
Registered
86 Posts
I hate retiring faithful old equipment.I had to retire an old Ariens mower because of an obsolete part. Tried everywhere to find it.And it still started on the first pull.I feel your pain.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts