Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Winter on its way

Wow, it's growing faster than I thought. Probably it will continue growing at a fast rate with winter on it's way.
LOL
Some areas of Iowa might consider it has arrived.
Some northwest Iowans lose power after snowstorm

by Radio Iowa Contributor on November 15, 2010
in Weather

Some northwest Iowa residents are still without power after the first major snowstorm of the season. Snowfall amounts varied widely from the storm that struck late Friday and early Saturday.
Estherville and Spencer received six inches of snow while Emmetsburg recorded the highest snowfall at 14 inches. The snow combined with high winds created extremely hazardous driving conditions.The Emmet County Sheriff’s Office received numerous reports of cars in the ditch or stuck on the highway.
No serious injuries were reported. Utility crews were busy restoring power to thousands of customers who lost power during the storm due to a combination of the heavy wet snow and high winds. Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative said that as of late Sunday power had been restored to nearly all its customers.
Since early Saturday morning, the Cooperative’s line crews have repaired nearly 30 broken poles as well as miles of burned downed wires.
By Ed Funston, KILR, Estherville
This was over 100 miles from me and it can stay there as far as I'm concerned.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Out of cuoriosity I took a peek at the statistics over at powerequipmentforum.com and was surprised to see that the statistics there are completely opposite of here. There they have less than half as many members and more than twice the amount of posts.:rolleyes:

I think the number of posts will jump up once the snow comes, and things start braking!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took a peek at the statistics over at powerequipmentforum.com and was surprised to see that the statistics there are completely opposite of here. There they have less than half as many members and more than twice the amount of posts.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I took a peek at the statistics over at powerequipmentforum.com and was surprised to see that the statistics there are completely opposite of here. There they have less than half as many members and more than twice the amount of posts.
GuL,
you need to work on your math! ;)
both of your observations are completely wrong:

Power equipment forum:
Members: 1,460
Threads: 975

This forum:
Members: 2,428
Threads: 1,956

There they have less than half as many members
Wrong..
They have 60% of the members as here, more than half.

and more than twice the amount of posts
WAY wrong..not even close..
they have 27% of the posts that this forum has..
much less than the 200% you claim..

This forum has more members, and way more posts..

Scot

·
Registered
78 Posts
Numbers on forums are always a hard thing to figure.
I own a forum that deals with another of my hobbies and here are the numbers

Members 454
Threads 7,371
Posts 183,791

Yet another board dealing with the same hobby that is much older than us

Members 4,848
Threads 14,263
Posts 121,773

Guessing that our members are very busy posters and our threads run longer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts