Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI

I got snowed in a while ago in the UK and had to deal with a small film of frozen ice or snow that simply wouldn't go even when i shovelled the lop layers.

So i though of a small mod that might be useful for others to do it will take about a days work on a sunday.

This Manual Snowplow or SnowPlow was made by modifying a lawn scarifier and adding a plastic gutter in front. the scarifiers can scratch apart the remaining layer of snow between the car and the street while the plow removes the top heavier layers. did a fine job the next day i would assume under heavy use you would need to adjust the scar pins nothing more. the scarifier new was £35 and another £25 for the rest of the materials from B&Q. will make more pics on the field test next snowing day. was busy testing it. it will be very handy for small to medium roads with an inclination as it is very light also useful if you live in a dead end or as the french say Cul-De-Sac !!!

Hope some find it useful >>>>>:D:D

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
What a clever idea. I too have issues with the ice star death layer after blowing. I make patters in it with a dirt rake when it softens, but otherwise it is a real danger.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
You need to hurry and patent that.

Reactions: LAMASSOU
1 - 3 of 3 Posts