Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang. A few questions for those of you that know your Ariens snowblowers better than I do. I just bought a slightly used Deluxe 24 (921045) and haven’t had time to dig around in it. My guess is that this is a gravity fed fuel system, without an inline fuel filter. If I am right so far, has anyone added an inline fuel filter? Would a small disc style - 150 micron - filter be the best option? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would use the wire mesh style filter only. The paper filter is more restrictive and can get clogged up if you don't replace it often.

I have an old Toro with a fuel filter. Last year, I replaced the fuel filter in it. I cut the old filter out to see how dirty it was. Surprisingly, It was clean. Because of that, I don't see the importance of installing one on my Deluxe 24. I have a plastic fuel tank and I drained gasoline out every used season, so that helped.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I never see a need on a snowblower or any lawn equipment to have a gas filter.

Reactions: jerryvvv

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I never see a need on a snowblower or any lawn equipment to have a gas filter.
i think any flat head snowblowers are about the only ones that don't usually have fuel filters. otherwise most lawnmowers and newer snowblowers do have a screen mess filter of some sort. it obviously wouldn't catch everything but they are there. they are usually in the gas tank on the outlet. some even have a filter in the carb fuel inlet or on the main jet to keep larger chunks from clogging it up.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
I have never seen the need to add one to my snowblowers or lawn mowers, some manufacturers usually have a fine mesh or screen where the fuel exits the tank and sometimes a screen where you add fuel to the tank.
These cheaply made Chinese inline filters found on Amazon or E bay, can be defective and cause issues with fuel flow.

Reactions: jerryvvv

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have never seen the need to add one to my snowblowers or lawn mowers, some manufacturers usually have a fine mesh or screen where the fuel exits the tank and sometimes a screen where you add fuel to the tank.
These cheaply made Chinese inline filters found on Amazon or E bay, can be defective and cause issues with fuel flow.

View attachment 169343

when i ordered my last carb it came with one of these included, i threw it in the trash,

i looked through it, even with a magnifying glass, and could see through it all the way,

no filter inside, or mesh....nothing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts