Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at Ariens and simplicity, looking for opinions, also wondering about 26 Vs 28". Considering the Ariens compact 26, or the deluxe 28. Or should I look at simplicity? I've got a corner lot in town in WI. One car wide at the EOD, three cars worth of footprint. The city has 60" sidewalks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I cant seem to find the edit thread option, The title line should be Ariens, not Afield. stupid spell check on my phone. grr.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looking at Ariens and simplicity, looking for opinions, also wondering about 26 Vs 28". Considering the Ariens compact 26, or the deluxe 28. Or should I look at simplicity? I've got a corner lot in town in WI. One car wide at the EOD, three cars worth of footprint. The city has 60" sidewalks.
hi mav, imo a 2" bucket size is not a big deal unless you're doing lots of snowblowing....check your available space in the garage/shed so that you can have easy in/easy out with the machine....get the features that you want....check out the dealers reputation and reliability and service dept....check with your neighbors and see what success they have with their machines.... if both machines are on the sales floor, steer them around and see how they handle,check with your significant other to see their thoughts and ability to handle potential snowblower....NOW whichever snowblower brand it happens to be, get it . i have looked at both brands when looking for mine and they were both decent brands. good luck

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I cant seem to find the edit thread option, The title line should be Ariens, not Afield. stupid spell check on my phone. grr.
You can only edit for 10 minutes and then that option disappears.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I have 2 older Ariens, one of which I just installed a new B&S on. I have always liked them. The new ones still look to me to be a well made machine. Simplicity is owned by B&S and looks like a well made machine as well. Like TDR stated, it is really down to individual features and preferences probably at this point. The key with owning any machine, regardless of brand, is maintenance. Changing oil regularly, greasing and lubricating and keeping it out of the elements while parked, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Mavrick,
one thing you should be aware of..(maybe you already are, but perhaps not) Not *all* simplicity machines are "true" simplicitys anymore!
before 2004, they were..But Simplicity is now owned by Briggs & stratton (since 2004), who also owns and produces the John Deere, Snapper, and Murray snowblower lines, along with Simplicity.

Briggs is now using two "ancestral" snowblower patterns for the current snowblowers..the Simplicity design, and the Murray design.
Only the current "high end" and Pro models are the "real" ancestral Simplicity designs..the other machines are Murrays..

This is a real Simplicity:
http://www.simplicitymfg.com/pics/products/snow-throwers/signature_pro.png

This is a Murray:
http://www.simplicitymfg.com/pics/products/snow-throwers/dual-stage.png

Just somthing to keep in mind..if you are looking at the less expensive machines, you wont be buying a Simplicity, you will be buying a re-badged Murray in Simplicity paint. not sure if that is important to you or not..

Scot

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ariens vs. Simplicity

I've owned both. I have to say I liked the Ariens better. The Simplicity is well made but operates like a tank, not very nimble. 26" vs 28" is a non issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Beg to differ

I see no resemblance to the Simplicity you list as a Murray..I actually own that model... Steel chute, cast iron gear case, built like a tank. Not doubting that B&S owns them both...but I don't think your post is accurate...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts