Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys-

How do you usually clean your machine after the season is over, especially the engine area, main drive/gear box, and surrounding areas?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it okay to spray stuff directly on the engine though? What about cleaning belt dust, etc. from the belt area or tractor housing?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Of course a oil change and then I put the blower on blocks to get the tires off the ground. I pull both tires/wheels. I clean and wax both metal wheels and then put a nice coat of grease n the axle. Clean and wax ALL metal handles, including base below engine, handle tubes, auger case. I check for missing paint and do a touchup on these along with rusty metal in the auger housing. Cleaning any dust from the belt area. Take anything off that youre comfortable doing and clean. Inside the metal case, the hex shaped that the friction disc slides should be lubed with grease.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Brake cleaner does an awesome job of removing old grease and rubber/belt pieces as well as old oil around the drain tubes and other places. then wash/rinse the machine well, dry, and then wax her up nicely (several coats) and she's clean and ready for the next season.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Guys-

How do you usually clean your machine after the season is over, especially the engine area, belt area, main drive/gear/tractor box, and surrounding areas? Do you use a degreaser and hose it off, or something else? Any areas to avoid getting wet?

Thanks,
Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts