Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
I am looking to purchase an aftermarket carb for an old toro 3650 I picked up. eBay offers a bunch of cheap ones is one any better than the rest? OEM carbs are over a hundred and I don't know if the machine is worth the expense

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. Are the 40 dollar ones better than the 20 dollar ones? This unit has a plastic carb and it leaks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The plastic carb was a problem with the Toro , they actually had a recall at one time because of leaking .
Look those 2 carbs over careful and check the reviews but I'm betting the guy selling the $40 one is just making more money 😋
I ordered one from eBay it is shipping out of New Jersey and it includes free shipping. The vendor had a good rating. The carb also included a new fuel line, filter and gas shutoff all for 20 dollars.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Toss the fuel line, filter and gas shut off in the garbage, they are crap quality and will just cause issues.
Gas shut off will start leaking within a couple of months, ask me how I know:cautious:
Will do. I already put a new fuel line on. Did you have good luck with the carb?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’ve used those carbs and other Chinese carbs before, fuel line fuel filter and spark plugs are usually all junk, I would recommend you check the gas tank as well many ccr2450 and ccr3650 models have cracked gas tanks and there was a recall for this as well
The gas tank seems to be ok, the gas is leaking from the bottom of the plastic carb. Local small engine guy said I should just replace the float and needle and that should solve the leak

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’ve replaced the plastic carb on 3650 with eBay 20 metal carb no problem. By the way toro put a rubber band on intake manifold to hold nuts in place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A rubber band? Don't want to seem stupid but wouldn't it melt?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I think it costs them more in bad will than the few dollars they saved.
Well I took the plastic carb off cleaned it really good. I put it back on and the blower started up after about 20 primes and ran. I shut it off and let it sit ,sure enough the bottom of the carb got wet with gas. I am going to wait and see how the carb works I ordered from eBay.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
If you prime the carb with more than 4 pumps of the primer, you will get gas leaking from the carb, that is normal.

Are you sure the bottom of the carb is not wet from over priming?
I primed it twice and it wouldn't start so I primed it two more times still nothing so I pushed the primer a bunch more and it started. The gas first started leaking after it was off for awhile. I would have thought four primes would have done it but wouldn't start.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hello All
I am looking to purchase an aftermarket carb for an old toro 3650 I picked up. eBay offers a bunch of cheap ones is one any better than the rest? OEM carbs are over a hundred and I don't know if the machine is worth the expense
Well I put my new Chinese carb on and it fired up after about 5 primes, I didn't think that was too bad figuring the air had to get out.

The problem that I noticed even before the carb replacement was that the engine seems to be running at very high RPM's. I read how to adjust it but I don't have a tach to see where I am at

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Tach/hour meters are cheap and easy to install.

I bought a tach and adjusted the RPM'S seems to be running better.

The governor adjustment tab was bent out quite far but in most pictures it seems to be almost straight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts