Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
I’ve replaced the plastic carb on 3650 with eBay 20 metal carb no problem. By the way toro put a rubber band on intake manifold to hold nuts in place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
495 Posts
You’d think it would but Ususlly rubber band will be hard and brittle but used during assembly process to keep nuts in place . I’ve taken many old ccr3650 plastic carbs off . I never replace band as I can hold the nut with my other hand.
Just my 2 cents. Also when you replace carb the gov linkage and the kill wire go into the fan case and are near each other. Make sure that the kill wire doesn’t rub the linkage or it will run erratic.

·
Registered
495 Posts
plastic carbs????????

is this a respectable group or wut?

Here is an old one puteh. The shafts are even plastic. Only metal is bowl screws, throttle plates and float needle and pin and main jet. Float is cork with metal hinge pin attached

I think accounting won over engineering. The plastic carbs deform
I seen them leak I’ve seen throttle shaft bind Ive seen throttle plate bind all from deformity of the plastic
Cost toro some $ in recall but many peeps or dealers forget to fill register out warranty registration so wasn’t a big effort on toros part to do the repairs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts