Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I think it costs them more in bad will than the few dollars they saved.
Well I took the plastic carb off cleaned it really good. I put it back on and the blower started up after about 20 primes and ran. I shut it off and let it sit ,sure enough the bottom of the carb got wet with gas. I am going to wait and see how the carb works I ordered from eBay.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
If you prime the carb with more than 4 pumps of the primer, you will get gas leaking from the carb, that is normal.

Are you sure the bottom of the carb is not wet from over priming?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
If you prime the carb with more than 4 pumps of the primer, you will get gas leaking from the carb, that is normal.

Are you sure the bottom of the carb is not wet from over priming?
I primed it twice and it wouldn't start so I primed it two more times still nothing so I pushed the primer a bunch more and it started. The gas first started leaking after it was off for awhile. I would have thought four primes would have done it but wouldn't start.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I primed it twice and it wouldn't start so I primed it two more times still nothing so I pushed the primer a bunch more and it started. The gas first started leaking after it was off for awhile. I would have thought four primes would have done it but wouldn't start.
I ran across that problem try changing the spark plug cleared up my starting problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Why do you want to replace the Briggs plastic carb? I have found that they clean up easily. Much easier then aluminum carbs. Just be careful to not lose any brass inserts when using compressed air.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hello All
I am looking to purchase an aftermarket carb for an old toro 3650 I picked up. eBay offers a bunch of cheap ones is one any better than the rest? OEM carbs are over a hundred and I don't know if the machine is worth the expense
Well I put my new Chinese carb on and it fired up after about 5 primes, I didn't think that was too bad figuring the air had to get out.

The problem that I noticed even before the carb replacement was that the engine seems to be running at very high RPM's. I read how to adjust it but I don't have a tach to see where I am at

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
21 - 31 of 31 Posts