Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been reading and taking in some great information on this site from many knowledgeable people so I thought after doing multiple searches for trying to determine the age of my 1032 snowblower ( even looking on John Deere website to no avail) I would put this question out there for feedback.

The serial number is M01032X506677

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am also looking for a way to obtain a parts and service manual. I am pretty sure I need to rebuild/clean/or replace carburetor due to the way it runs ( when i can get it to run )

Thanks from new user!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I called my local JD dealer, they told me the year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback. Ill stop there next trip to Escanaba.

Anyhow here is the info off the motor that I did not see before, it was partialy covered by the electric starter button housing.

HM100 159038H Serial #2250? ( The last digit was not fully legible, looked to be E or F ) but I found that was just the line is was fabricated on.

Motor Looks to be made in either 1972 or 1982 ( I would reakon 1982 ) in September of that year. But without knowing when the snowblower itself was built, that would the only way to validate year of motor.

Thanks for the help,
Dave

·
Registered
2,224 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Are you sure it's an eight at the end of #22508 ??

What I'm used to on a five digit number is the first two would be the year, 2022 ?? So that's wrong and the other three are the day of the year manufactured. No 508th day ??
If it's an E at the end it would be made before 2004 with 2 being the last digit of the year 1972-1982-1992-2002 and the 250th day Oct 7th.
From the blowers serial number I'd also guess 70's or 80's as it's a real JD - JD.

If you don't get any help from the dealer post a couple photos of it.

You mentioned a carb issue. Had it been running ok last year? If so you might be able to clear it up with something like a cleaner added to the gas. A measured amount of Lucas is my favorite.
As for a major overhaul I'd use the JD site to look up parts and then take the part number and shop around to look for best price. Some times it's only a dealer part, sometimes the dealer has a good price but usually I've found if I can get it online it's cheaper.
I have two JD riders and two blowers so I'm always looking for a deal.

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Ill stop there next trip to Escanaba.

Anyhow here is the info off the motor that I did not see before, it was partialy covered by the electric starter button housing.

HM100 159038H Serial #2250? ( The last digit was not fully legible, looked to be E or F ) but I found that was just the line is was fabricated on.

Motor Looks to be made in either 1972 or 1982 ( I would reakon 1982 ) in September of that year. But without knowing when the snowblower itself was built, that would the only way to validate year of motor.

Thanks for the help,
Dave

Definitely 1982.
10HP wouldn't have been used in '72, so it has to be '82.

Scot

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help and info all! I’ll get some pics taken and post later

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Are you sure it's an eight at the end of #22508 ??

What I'm used to on a five digit number is the first two would be the year, 2022 ?? So that's wrong and the other three are the day of the year manufactured. No 508th day ??
If it's an E at the end it would be made before 2004 with 2 being the last digit of the year 1972-1982-1992-2002 and the 250th day Oct 7th.
From the blowers serial number I'd also guess 70's or 80's as it's a real JD - JD.

If you don't get any help from the dealer post a couple photos of it.

You mentioned a carb issue. Had it been running ok last year? If so you might be able to clear it up with something like a cleaner added to the gas. A measured amount of Lucas is my favorite.
As for a major overhaul I'd use the JD site to look up parts and then take the part number and shop around to look for best price. Some times it's only a dealer part, sometimes the dealer has a good price but usually I've found if I can get it online it's cheaper.
I have two JD riders and two blowers so I'm always looking for a deal.

I did determine it wasn’t an 8 at the end, after cleaning what was there a little better the last digit looks to be maybe F or E as it is blurred some due to electric start button housing overlapped there and caused some deterioration, but the rest of the motor numbers were for sure as they were legible.

Just so happens I have a bottle of the Lucas on the shelf and will try. I used some seafoam and it helped some.

Thanks!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Wait how many numbers on that engine ID????? It has to be 4 numbers with a letter as the Fifth......

Any chance that first Digit is a 3..........Like 3250E/F?????

I assume you removed two screws holding on Electric starter plug/button on top of engine shroud and looked underneath???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Wait how many numbers on that engine ID????? It has to be 4 numbers with a letter as the Fifth......
Yes, you are correct, it had 5, the 5th was not legible though; best I can see it’s a F or an E

Yeap, had to remove the start button button hsg to look underneath for number. But yes, it was 22508 with a letter on the end of that number. Either E or F

Thanks!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yes, you are correct, it had 5, the 5th was not legible though; best I can see it’s a F or an E

Yeap, had to remove the start button button hsg to look underneath for number. But yes, it was 22508 with a letter on the end of that number. Either E or F

Thanks!

Ummm should not be 5 numbers and a letter......It should be 4 numbers and a letter!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ummm should not be 5 numbers and a letter......It should be 4 numbers and a letter!
Yeap, my bad. Don’t know why I added the 8 in the corrected number. It is 2250 with a letter, went and confirmed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts