4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone can help, I’m having a hard time finding the age of my ST724. Thanks
Model 932027
Serial 028268

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I have one also and if your thinking of buying I wouldn’t, That is the one they put the horrible plastic rims on, Made around 1994

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one also and if your thinking of buying I wouldn’t, That is the one they put the horrible plastic rims on, Made around 1994
I’m actually selling it and people are asking what year it is. I bought it used like 5 yrs ago.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hoping the rims are in good shape as they crack and no easy replacements are available, I am a machinist and managed to get some steel rims that fit the stubby axles and drilled holes to bolt them on but was not overly easy but other than that it’s a pretty good blower

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hoping the rims are in good shape as they crack and no easy replacements are available, I am a machinist and managed to get some steel rims that fit the stubby axles and drilled holes to bolt them on but was not overly easy but other than that it’s a pretty good blower
The rims seem ok but the wheels have a lot if play where they attach the axles. The whole machine wobbles when rolling. I tried to tighten the nuts that hold them on but they start to strip. Seems like the rest of the bolt isn’t threaded.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
That’s how mine were also, found some metal rims that fit the axle and drilled them to put the bolt in but still a little loose but much better than the plastic wheels, I have another set I’m going to try to see if they fit the axles a little better.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Many of those plastic rims were actually recalled years ago ... safety hazard with rims exploding upon filling them with air ....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts