Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have first hand experience with Air Lok Tire Sealant? If so can you share. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Never heard of it. Sorry.

·
Registered
40 Posts
A different version of tire in a can. I always keep a can or two in each of my vehicles in case of emergencies. Great for small nail holes as i can pull the nail, fill and seal and drive to rotate the tire for the sealant to work. Always get the bigger can made to inflate larger diameter tires as it will have more compressed air if you need.

Tire in a can i don't believe would fix a rim leaks.

For bigger nail holes i also keep the plug type repair kit, i find it a safer bet that using those donut spares that manufacturers give, and jacking up a higher height SUV with scissor jack can be problematic and not safe these days on busy highways.

For a snowblower tire however imho best to fix a flat or rim leak by just ordering up an inner tube even if your machine is currently tubeless. These tubes are fairly inexpensive and i have had trouble with tubeless tires sealing properly whereas putting in an inner tube fixes things up.

Right now my current 15 year old machine machine has 1 inner tube installed while the other tire is still tubeless....should have changed both out same time, but then again it leaves me a future chose to keep me amused!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Air Lok product I mentioned claims to seal tire to rim leaks. But to what extent? This is why I am asking to get feedback from those who have used it.

Ballroomblitz, how do you break the seal on the tubeless tires.?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I use tire slime in all yard equipment, had a slow leak in the riding mower and put it in all 4 tires and no soft tires since, same goes for the blowers, This year I actually had to add a little air to one tire but not sure I used it in that set yet as they were purchased new on rims when I got them a few yrs ago. Also repairs leaks when you get a puncture.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Personally, Id opt for a proper fix. Tire sealants eventually fail to seal, and make for more work to clean out when fixing properly.

If the tires are dry rotted and cracking, a tube or new tire.

If the bead is leaking, tire in a can is mostly ineffective anyway. Dismount, clean the tire and wheel surfaces. Apply rubber bead sealer on the wheel surface, and remount.

Tubes are less work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts