Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I posted about a snowblower that I was looking at for a friend. Its an older Airens 8/24 that seems to be starving for fuel but I know its not. Its a HMSK80 Engine.I changed the carb, fuel lines, added a fuel shut-off valve and a changed the spark plug. The only other things I think it could be is a valve issue or a magneto issue. Ill attach a video that he sent me, excuse the language(we've all been there). Ill try to get a better quality one if I can.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I was leaning that way myself.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Does it have spark at the plug when it quits?? How long before you can start it again. did you check gas cap venting. also has anyone flushed and cleaned the fuel tank, prior to installing the lines and shut off, and carb.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
So just to be sure, if you spray some gas/carb cleaner/etc into the carb while it's faltering (or maybe hit the primer button), does anything improve?

Checking valve clearances would be on my list of things to try. An inline spark tester could help show you what the spark is doing, as it starts to die. You could also try reducing the plug's gap, to make it easier for the spark to jump, just to see if anything changed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts