Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Appologies if this has been posted before, but ive never seen these before! Hard plastic, very ridged, at a glance they dont seem like they would have much traction

Attachments

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Seems like they would slip in the snow. Maybe a nice idea for lawn equipment.

But no name, address or link to buy these?

·
Registered
266 Posts
As a general rule solid tires provide less traction than cushioned tires. On the tread, these tires seem more difficult to maneuver than conventional treaded snow blower tire designs.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I've seen those on the econo models being sold at Canadian Tire.
Yep. Thats where i took the pic. I think it was branded “YardMachine”. ( MTD no doubt)
Edit: it is a YardWorks blower. $1099.99 CAD.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Not a fan of these but they are FAR from the solid tires of the 80's like Toro had, These are not really a solid tire as the round section will flex as a air tire would but I personally do not like the tread design but most likely is that way so the tires will flex, If the had angles treads it would make it more of a solid tire. They have made these for auto use also and these seem to be copying that technology.

·
Registered
19 Posts
First year running them on my Troybilt so I can’t comment yet. The reviews were good which made me go with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
These have been around for about 10-15 years. Called Tweels. Michelin has been making them for heavy equipment. Audi showed them some cars. They never go flat, and supposedly ride as well as regular tires.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts