Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered carbs from 3 different Chinese sellers on Amazon. What I've learned from ordering anything on Amazon, my preference is to order from a seller that lists a phone # in case there is a problem with the order and a phone # where they answer the phone!

All the carbs are the same, order the cheapest but keep in mind the ratings and customer service, phone #, return policy, guarantee.

My favorite seller is the ROP Shop. They have a phone #, answer right away, problems are dealt with immediately and if they need to get back to you, it's done quickly.

With every order they put a piece of paper in the order saying please do not leave a bad review on Amazon, call us first on our free 800 number, give us a chance to correct the problem.

I ordered 2 adjustable carbs for a 5hp Tecumseh and received 2 non adjustable carbs. I called them, they apologized, their mistake. 3 days later, I missed the shipping deadline for the day, I have Amazon Prime, I received my 2 new adjustable carbs with a postage paid return bag to put the non adjustable carbs/boxes in. No credit card charges or refunds. Just an even exchange.

There's one company, Huri, on Amazon that gives you a free tape measurer with every carb. Nice to have around! But the carbs are the same!

Always order a carb with low and high mixture adjustment screws. When a snowblower has a fixed adjustment carb such as 640084b, I order the equivalent carb with the mixture adjustment screws.

Also don't be fooled by getting a primer bulb and hose with the carb, the hose never fits! It's always to big.

All the Chinese rebuild kits are junk but they do work. The rebuild kits for a Tecumseh 8-10 hp are $5 or less, with the welch plugs, you only need to remove the side welch plug. There are 2 or 3 holes, they control the idle and low speed mixture. For a 5hp Tecumseh the kits are $12-$15 with the welch plugs, same as a Chinese new carb, BUT you are keeping your carb, a much better carb than the Chinese carbs.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I've never purchased a carb off of Amazon, only EBAY. Never a problem with the dozen or so carbs I've ordered. Just exactly as listed.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I prefer ebay as well - you can usaully get free shipping, and you can choose a vendor or order it right from the source and wait a few weeks........ I order in pairs at least. handy to have spares available. Cheaper for parts that way too.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts