Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my neighbors gave me an Ariens 10000 series awhile back, which someone installed an 8HP on. I got it running when I received it, putting on new tank and fuel lines, and parked it.

I finally got a chance to work on it. Cleaned and painted the rims and put on some good Snow Hog tires I had. Put in new auger shaft bushings, axle bushings, and made a belt cover for it and put on some Poly Roller Skids. Even though it starts and runs ok, the carb is not to my liking, so ordered a new one, only 13.00

I am also attaching some sheet metal work I performed on the belt cover, to show that when you make flap bends, drill a small hole like 1/8 where the bends join, that way different bends come out clean. Also, when you do a pop rivet, and don't want the back end protruding, just take a ball peen hammer, and flatten the rivet out on an anvil. ( I actually have a piece of railroad track for my anvil.)

I am going to clean off the engine block to bare metal, probably leave the belt cover bare metal to match the engine block and clean and wax the white tin work, etc. ... leaving the original patina.

I really like these 10000 series.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and it had one flap on one of the four auger blades, so I installed another flap on its opposite auger blade for balance and consistency.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Nice fabrication work and great tips.
Machine looks to be in great condition.
Like you, I also have a fondness for these machines and an appreciation of their build quality and reliability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts