Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I got it from a 87 year old guy crafty engineer in paper industry said he flew all over the world. His wife of 67 years said "he babied that thing" He said in 1993 it was 1000 bucks. Guy had a nice lakefront house on a little hill looking out over 60 mile long lake winnebago. Garage house was spotless.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Most of mine are all regular augers ... I have a Yard Machines with serrated augers and really don't notice any difference. Now a new Cub Cadet as well ..... Seems most new ones have serrated these days.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I don't notice the difference between serrated and non-serrated auger blades. I assume it's meant to act as a knife blade cutting in to the hard packed snow easier.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I pulled the pin out of one axle. Thou it turns easier on concrete I see the wheel wanna jiggle off the axel. Safe to say the axel's not frozen this is normal there's not a nut or something that needs to be scfed and secured? Obvious a newby here?

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
You can lock the wheel to the axle, then the wheel can free wheel by sliding the wheel back and lock the pin in front of it.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
if your wheel spins freely on the axle, it is not frozen.

A "frozen", "rust welded" wheel is when the axle is dry, i.e. no never-seize or light lube on the axle, and over years of use, the rim will rust weld to the axle.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts